Hockey Head Coach
- Briercrest Athletics is dedicated to preparing student athletes to become champions by pursuing excellence in their lives of faith through service, and in sport.
- The Hockey Head Coach will provide leadership and execute an overall athletic plan to their team
- This is a full-time position that will be based out of the Athletic Department
- A desire and commitment to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a way of life
- An appreciation of post-secondary education and an understanding of the academic demands on our student athletes.
- Junior/College/University level hockey coaching experience required
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred.
- Has completed or is completing appropriate certification for post-secondary athletics
- Able to utilize technology through stats, video analysis and social media.
- Innovative in their approach to coaching games and for practice planning/implementation
- Administrative, technical and financial skills needed to be successful at the role
- The candidate will be responsible to positively contribute to the department through decisions and actions focused to further the department and the institution.
- They will be expected to manage internal and external relationships regarding department and team work.
- They will be fiscally responsible in their budget management.
- The candidate will focus efforts on building the program through recruitment and retention of mission fit players, team staff and alumni.
- They will develop and maintain measurables of success for the players and the team.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of the athletes both in and out of the athletic arena, building into them spiritually, academically, and personally.
- They will be responsible to promote an atmosphere for where spiritual and academic success is valued at an elite level.
- Engagement & development of alumni relationships to support the hockey program
- This position will report to the Athletic Director & General Mission Manager.
- This position will supervise Assistant Coach and support staff
- This position will work with the Athletic Department staff and other coaches
Applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé/CV, names of three references and any specified documents by email to the Human Resources office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All employees of Briercrest College and Seminary are required to sign and adhere to our Institutional Covenant. Please review the covenant prior to submitting your application